Date:      Wed, 24 Mar 1999 12:39:12 -0600 (CST)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dladdr(3) question

On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, John Polstra wrote:

# > I'm not *real* familiar with the loader code, but given it's already
# > implemented for a.out I suspect it should be easy to add to the elf
# > loader.
#
# Yes, it should be easy.  The infrastructure is already there in
# rtld.c, such as the obj_from_addr() function.  Then you'd have to
# add an entry for it to the "exports" array, and put a dummy stub
# into "src/lib/libc/gen/dlfcn.c".

The dummy stub is there.  That is where I'm getting the "Service
unavailable" mesage from.  I wondered where that was coming from. :)

# I'll try to get to it soon.  Or if you feel like doing it yourself, I
# could review it for you.

I have half an implementation going.  I'll fumble around and
get something close and then I'll get back with you.  Thanks
for the offer of help.  Hope you get better soon!

-steve

# John
# ---
#   John Polstra                                               jdp@polstra.com
#   John D. Polstra & Co., Inc.                        Seattle, Washington USA
#   "Self-interest is the aphrodisiac of belief."           -- James V. DeLong
#
#