Date:      Thu, 16 Dec 1999 12:21:07 -0600
From:      Tony Wells <awells@journalstar.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Adding vinum

I have a server which I would like to increase the availability of.  I
want to add a second hard disk to machine to mirror the data of the
previously installed disk.  I could mount the drive and periodically
'dd' the data but this seems inelegant and expensive.

So my questions:
Can I add a second hard drive and install it as a mirror drive using
vinum, or am I too late, having already partitioned the first drive?
(There's already data on the partitions.)

Thanks,
Tony Wells