Date:      Sat, 5 May 2018 02:55:38 +0930
From:      Shane Ambler <FreeBSD@ShaneWare.Biz>
To:        StariKarp <starikarp@yandex.com>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: blender - llvm

On 29/04/2018 19:46, StariKarp wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am using Blender on FreeBSD 11.1-RELEASE (amd64) and as I have
> experience it was (is) the problem with different versions of llvm
> which new versions are coming in the ports tree very fast.
> I have in /etc/make.conf:
> MESA_LLVM_VER=40
> and building and running Blender works. How is the future of Blender
> because of the new versions of llvm60, please?

I'm running 11-stable (Mar 16), I haven't updated during the start of
the 11-stable changes preparing for 11.2

While I haven't done a full ports update for a while, (my dependencies
are still built from llvm50), I can build blender using clang60 and
aren't seeing any issues, that is with osl using llvm40.

In poudriere everything builds with llvm60

--
FreeBSD - the place to B...Software Developing

Shane Ambler