Date:      Mon, 28 Apr 1997 17:39:20 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Scott J. Ellentuch" <tuc@tucslap.stormking.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Install - Proxy and FTP / id/pass - II

In Scott J. Ellentuch' own words (And I ">_") :

> Hi,
>
> 	I'm to the point where I can do a proxy install, but I've
> run into a problem.  My proxy needs an id/password.  I *THOUGHT*
> I could do something like :
>

> 	ftp://proxid:proxpass@proxy.company.com/pub/FreeBSD/2.2.1-RELEASE
>
> but it seems that either it isn't a correct syntax, or the install doesn't
> REALLY honor the ftp URL.   Can someone confirm/deny this?
>
> 			Thanks, Tuc/TTSG

	To follow up, I have the ability to switch to another firewall
network that doesn't use id's and passwords, and it appears that the
ftp:// URL still won't work as it does in a browser.  It appears it always
wants to do a "USER" and not a "GET".  Is this true?  (More proof that the
ftp:// is really not what it appears)

		Tuc/TTSG

--
Scott J. Ellentuch, The Telecom Security Group/TTSG, Newburgh, NY
Visit our Web Site at http://www.ttsg.com/

"Over the UUCP link, out the ethernet, through the media converter, down
the fiber, off a router, down the 56K, past my ISP...nothing but Net" -
with poetic license from Dave Owen of IBM