Date:      Fri, 15 Aug 1997 22:10:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        FreeBSD-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD --- ALPHA

On Fri, 15 Aug 1997, Warner Losh wrote:

> [ moving this to chat.. ]
>
> : > Somebody should repost the J. Monroy and the motorcycle cowlings post
> : 	Or better yet, J. Monroy Sr.'s denunciation of J. Monroy Jr.
> : That was a real hoot.  Deliberate mispellings and all.
>
> Heh.  Maybe it is time for a jkh rant shrine somewhere.

I could agree to that.  I'm only worried we might be embarrssing Jordan
enough to make him stop, and I wouldn't like that, I used to get a real
laugh over watching Jordan go ballistic anytime J. Monroy made a post.
I'd considered hunting him down and paying him to do that ....

  Wayward
> pilgrims on a rant, needing good, quality rant text to cut and past
> can come here from across the planet.  Rants everywhere will rise in
> quality and will therefore be more enjoyable to read!  Getting the
> soft light, and nitch-like quality to the pictures of jkh on a good
> rant for this shrine may take a bit of image-magic and sneakiness to
> get the raw photos, but it would have a wonderful effect.  Act now,
> don't let the famous postings ("no fairings reply", "bang, bang, bang,
> click click click") rot in bit rot due to sad neglect.
>
> Act now!  Limited time offer.  Be one of only 25 people to own their
> very own genuine black velvet rendition of jkh, complete with halo and
> UV glow paint suitable for any private shrine to the master you wish
> to setup!  Don't miss your chance to get a genuine jkh gun!  Makes
> wonderful clicking noises when the chambers are empty to add to any
> menical effect you wish to achieve.  Or the jkh motorcycle faring.  It
> is like riding with nothing at all!
>
> Warner

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |