Date:      Tue, 26 Mar 1996 23:14:26 -0500 (EST)
From:      praj <praj@nando.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Modem not working (fwd)

Hi Barry,

Thanks for your reply to my problem. I did try whatyou said and i found
that the modem did not respond to any AT commandswith tip.

The Aptiva has a stupid adapter called the mwave card, which has its
bloody own dsp OS, which they have arranged to be downloaded to the mwave
card, from DOS and windows. This OS handles not only the modem, but also
the CD player. So if i have to get these things working in unix i figured
that there must be some way to get unix to load the DSP OS and stuff.
Once it is loaded the card emulates Soundblaster soundcard.

I talked to the technical rep at IBM and he confirmed my hunch when he
said that the modem won't work under Unix (clones of course) or even NT.

This is for your information.

-Raj