Date:      Sat, 15 Aug 1998 14:00:46 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Chad R. Larson" <chad@freebie.dcfinc.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   filesystem layout

This is probably a nit, but...

On my 2.1-stable systems, the contents of /usr/obj mirror /usr/src very
closely.  But on a 2.2 system, there is an extra layer of dirctories
before you get to the objects.

That is, /usr/obj/usr/src/* matches /usr/src instead of /usr/obj
matching /usr/src.  I noticed this while pondering making /usr/obj a
seperate filesystem so I could mount it async and make builds go faster.

Anyway, is this intentional or did I goof something?  And if it is the
way it should be, why the change from the 2.1 method?

	-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL22)                 Brother, can you paradigm?
602-953-1392  chad@dcfinc.com  chad@anasazi.com  larson1@home.com