Date:      Thu, 03 Dec 2009 13:51:49 +1100
From:      Robert McKenzie <vk7rb@internode.on.net>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   libvisual and libvisual04

Sir,

The reason for this email is that I have had trouble compiling gmerlin
and after much thought and searching found that both libvisual and
libvisual04 were installed with gmerlin picking up libvisual rather than
libvisual04 which it needed and as a result failed to build.

I know that it is not directly related to libvisual or libvisual04 but I
am wondering if libvisual and libvisual04 should be noted as conflicting
even though they install into different directories because once I
remove libvisual, gmerlin compiled without problems.

It would appear that libvisual is no longer needed and should be
replaced by libvisual04 rather than being allowed to coexist.

With respect to the other matter arising, I will address those as
appropriate with the maintainers for those ports.

Regards,
Robert McKenzie.