Date:      Thu, 19 Nov 2009 00:34:57 +0100
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: major CAM ATA MFC

According to Jeremy Chadwick:
> I didn't have this problem.  System has AHCI in use, and the kernel is
> built to make use of modular atacore.  Specifically:
>
> # Modular ATA
> device          atacore         # Core ATA functionality
> device          ataisa          # ISA bus support
> device          atapci          # PCI bus support; only generic chipset support
> device          ataahci         # AHCI SATA
> device          ataintel        # Intel

Interesting.  My own kernel config file has the following and ahci.ko is
loaded by loader.conf.  Do I need to change my config to match your own?

ATA and ATAPI devices
device          ata
device          atadisk         # ATA disk drives
device          atapicd         # ATAPI CDROM drives
device          atapifd         # ATAPI floppy drives
options         ATA_STATIC_ID   # Static device numbering

# SCSI peripherals
device          scbus           # SCSI bus (required for SCSI)
device          da              # Direct Access (disks)
device          cd              # CD
device          pass            # Passthrough device (direct SCSI access)
device          ses             # SCSI Environmental Services (and SAF-TE)