Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 2000 12:27:26 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <fran@reyes.somos.net>
To:        "stable@FreeBSD.ORG" <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Tass" <tass@morag.kenderhome.com>
Subject:   Re: install.cfg

On Thu, 10 Aug 2000 00:47:55 -0400 (EDT), Tass wrote:

>In the /usr/src/release/sysinstall is a file called install.cfg .
>This file looks like what I am looking for.
>Is this the way to go or is there a better way?

I believe this is the only way, although it seems a big daunting
for small operations (i.e. if you only have 4 or 5 machines you
need to setup).

One thing I also wonder is if all options need to be selected or
if some could be left blank and fill them in manually. For
instance the drive partitioning I would want to do manually and
then have of the configuration set from the install.cfg.

francisco
Moderator of the Corporate BSD list
http://www.egroups.com/group/BSD_Corporate