Date:      Sun, 21 Sep 2003 12:26:40 +0200
From:      Thorsten Greiner <thorsten.greiner@web.de>
To:        Nicolai Petri <nicolai@catpipe.net>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Unable to newfs/fsck partition on -current because of write failed.

* Nicolai Petri <nicolai@catpipe.net> [2003-09-21 12:23]:
> But now even newfs gives me "Write failed". This seems a bit odd
> because i can easily do a "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/ad0s2d" and
> clear out the label. Any hints ? I'm thinking geom and/or
> blocksize problems. But that's just a guess.

There was a small window in which the -CURRENT kernel was broken.
This happened just around September 14th, so I suggest you either
upgrade your kernel or use a kernel built before September 14th.

Regards

        -Thorsten

--
Perfection (in design) is achieved not when there is nothing more to
add, but rather when there is nothing more to take away.