Date:      Tue, 14 Dec 1999 20:01:33 +0100
From:      "Patrick Hovius" <path@wxs.nl>
To:        <freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD easy? A comment to all the mails received.

Thank you those who replied to my question.

Yes, I did read the documentation, but ran constantly in problems while
compiling the new kernel so my first thought was, I'm doing something wrong.
After xx times trying, lots of frustration and even more coffee to get me to
the next morning, I thought I would ask the question here and see where my
thoughts went wrong. With the answers received thus far, I can go on again.

And then my Windows comment. I like especially to comment to Bart.
What a fire!! :-)

But you should look beyond comments also. Of course I'm not completely
satisfied with Windows. If I was, I wouldn't take the effort to look for
another O/S as you already mentioned in your mail.
But insulting people with it?
Please don't tell me that FreeBSD is holy. Windows has good things, I'm sure
FreeBSD has good things, and so has Linux and Solaris and so on. If you
close your eyes for other O/S's and see only FreeBSD as THE O/S, it looks to
me you want to create another windows, but then with the name FreeBSD. And
then I point back to you with your point 4.

Sorry about the HTML format. This better? :-)

Patrick Hovius