Date:      Thu, 26 Aug 1999 05:47:11 +1000
From:      jonathan michaels <jon@caamora.com.au>
To:        Roelof Osinga <roelof@nisser.com>, Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>
Cc:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>, Networks.Manager@rncm.ac.uk, rivers@dignus.com, k4n@hotmail.com, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD webdesign

On Wed, Aug 25, 1999 at 03:33:02AM +0200, Roelof Osinga wrote:
> Gary Kline wrote:
> >
> > According to Kent Stewart:

> > > The only one I know of is
> > > http://webknowhow.net/dir/Design/Miscellaneous/. There site has much
> > > more. It is mostly links to somewhere else. Helen Triantafillou has a
> > > site at http://users.hol.gr/~andreas/hexcolor.htm that lists many
> > > combinations of colors and their hex values.
> > >

> >   Noted and saved away, thanks much.
>
> If that holds your interest you might want to take a look at
> the Kolere! Applet. Something I wrote whilest test JBuilder 1 and
> needed to toy with colorschemes and their effect on various monitors.
> You can find it at http://eboa.com/Java/KolereApplet.html
>
> >   I asked one of our GUI wizards and he suggested doing what Netscape
> >   and other commercial apps did.
>
> Wise advise, though I would change that to looking at commercial
> sites since we're talking about websites.

"commercial sites", roelof are created by people like you, me
and the rest of the people in this list, this thread using
freebsd, et al .. what i'm trying to say is that they are
"nothing special".

even wiser advice wold be to colour correct you own crt, adjust
its gamma correctons values and set the colour temerature  the
principle 'pigments' -- cyan, magenta, green as well as the
monitor+crt+graphics card and drivers idea of black and white.

once you establish this base platform then one can do what you
are trying to do with any from of repeatabilty or security of
outcome.

regards,

jonathan

toilets are "disabled", people are not.