Date:      Tue, 28 Dec 1999 03:35:22 -0500
From:      "Jason" <jasonc@concentric.net>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Cable Modem Support

-----
I recieved no response other than flames on my choice of email client from
the following question...I will present it again and please keep in mind
that I have very little choice on email clients until I can get past this
problem.
-----

I need to know if there is any BSD support for a General Instruments
Internal Cable Modem.  This modem does not use any Netowrk Inteface cards to
work but has special software and plugs into a ISA port.

The only software I have for it will only run on Win98 and is called
SCMWatch 1.1.1 Connection Manager made by General Instruments of Deleware.
I am unable to find a web site for this software and it only seems available
from my ISP.  My ISP says they will never support anything other than Win98.
They do not support Win95 or NT.

If anyone has something I can use to allow me to connect via this interface
let me know.  It seems to be the only possible interface available where I
live other than a 33.6 connection.  56k ISPs are not even avaialble!!!.  DSL
was quoted to costs $7500+ for installation and a max speed of 144k.  All
other options are well over my financial means.

Any holp in this matter would be greatly appreciated as I have great need of
features that only seem to be found in BSD and other Unix like systems.

Thanks
Jason Cribbins
"kib" - FtS Productions Team