Date:      Sun, 05 Jan 2014 13:49:12 -0700
From:      Ian Lepore <ian@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "army.of.root" <army.of.root@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@FreeBSD.org, Markus Pfeiffer <markus.pfeiffer@morphism.de>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 10 on Dockstar (Marvell Kirkwood)

On Sun, 2014-01-05 at 05:17 +0100, army.of.root wrote:
> Am 31/12/13 22:10, schrieb Markus Pfeiffer:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I managed "fixing" it by editing the dockstar.dts file and putting for ranges:
> >
> >    ranges = <0x0 0x2f 0xf9300000 0x00100000>
> >
> > Now I just have to figure out why this "fixes" it, and what damage that patch
> > does.
> > I also have some pathces for the LED on the dockstar which will tip up in my
> > github soon.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > markus
> >

> Hello there,
>
> I ran into the same Problem back in September, though I had no clue how to fix it.
>
> But while work on the dockstar.dts file is done, maybe someone could work in
> this http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/181975
>
> Thanks for fixing the dockstar :D I always wanted to run one of mine with FBSD 10.
>
> Best Regards

I added the crypto config to the DOCKSTAR kernel.  In your PR you said
"but the state of the DOCKSTAR kernel config is pretty desolate," which
I interpretted to mean that there was so little in the config the system
wasn't really very useful.  I added lots of devices and options to make
it similar to the config for other sheeva-based systems.

Adding so much stuff may go too far in the other direction, but probably
it's better to have lots of stuff by default so it's easy to create a
quick image and test with it, and folks can do custom configs that trim
down the system if they need to.

-- Ian