Date:      Sat, 10 Aug 2002 10:09:34 -0700
From:      "Philip J. Koenig" <pjklist@ekahuna.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Fixit CD paradox: making device nodes

Every time I try to use the Fixit CD to fix a problem with a disk I
run into the same problem: I can't mount the disk because the device
nodes are missing (ie ad0s1a), but I can't create device nodes
because /dev or /dist/dev (when booting from the fixit CD) is read-
only.

Anyone have a straightforward solution to this problem?

Thx,

Phil

--
Philip J. Koenig