Date:      Sun, 31 Mar 2002 01:02:11 GMT
From:      "irado" <irado@subdimension.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: multiple boots (was: empty)

Annelise Anderson wrote:

> Are these hard drives (in which case ad0 would be the
first one) or
> DOS-type partitions on the first hard drive, i.e., FreeBSD
is
> really in ad0s2?

yes, it is separate hd's, with many part/slices there. The
one with FreeBSD is parted as:

256mB for the swap, plus 4x5gB for (intending) FreeBSD 4.5
and 5 and OpenBSD. Last 5gB to be left alone

> Doesn't this overwrite your lilo in the MBR?

no, as the lilo/boot is in the first (main) primary hd

> boot 0:ad(2,a)/boot/loader

> assuming FreeBSD is on the first hard drive (0) in the
second
> slice or DOS-style partition.

Surely, I am doing something wrong. The hd is the second
one, the slice is the second one (the first is the 256mb
swap). Suppose, then that it must be:

boot 1:ad(2,a)/boot/loader ??

greetings,
irado furioso com tudo
Linux User 179402

there are more crimes under religions than under atheism.