Date:      Sat, 4 Dec 2010 12:50:37 +0000
From:      David Southwell <david@vizion2000.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Proposal moving *spell dicts to ports/textproc/*spell/dicts

> Hi,
>
> As I said some weeks ago I personally don't like much the use of
> ports/{french,chinese,whatever}/ directories. I saw that openbsd
> created sub directories in the aspell port. I think this is a really
> good idea, it's really easier to find.
>
> I don't think german/ispell french/aspell textproc/gu-aspell are
> really easy to find.
>
> I propose creating a ports/textproc/aspell/dicts and same for
> textproc/ispell and textproc/hunspell and moving every spellings ports
> to these directories.
On the surface the idea sounds sensible. Maybe there are some issues relating
to consistency across the whole ports tree in the way languages are handled.

I see no solution being intrinsically better than any other but would tend to
favour a consistent approach for all language. We already have one built in
inconsistencyt -- i.e. english is handled different;ly than any other.

IMHO one inconsistency is enough!!

david
Photographic Artist
Permanent Installations & Design
Creative Imagery and Advanced Digital Techniques
High Dynamic Range Photography & Official Portraiture
Combined darkroom & digital creations
& Systems Adminstrator for the vizion2000.net network