Date:      Sun, 13 Feb 2005 12:01:22 +0800
From:      Erich Dollansky <oceanare@pacific.net.sg>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        kris@obsecurity.org
Subject:   Re: The only worthwhile logo-related comments so far....

Hi,

Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 12, 2005 at 06:10:55PM -0800, stheg olloydson wrote:
>

>>Core being Core will do what they think is best, and they have every
>>right to. That's not my point. My point is the discussion took place in
>>secret. What I am suggesting is that when certain discussions take
>>place that they be publicly readable.
>

> Again, FreeBSD has never worked that way, but if you think it should
> then you should raise the suggestion with core.

Could this be the real reason for the "acceptance" problem?

In the same moment, this is also the reason for its strengths. A small
number of people "controls" FreeBSD giving it a direction they think is
best.

This concept is what companies do not understand.

If companies use Linux, they do it because it "comes" from IBM or any
other big vendor. If something goes wrong they go back to the vendor
with the big name.

I do not see FreeBSD make bigger waves as long as this does not change
not matter what name or logo FreeBSD uses.

So, why do it then?

Erich