Date:      Sun, 7 May 1995 12:44:45 -0700
From:      hasty@netcom.com (Amancio Hasty Jr)
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   cd audio to wav

Hi,
I uploaded to ftp.best.com:/pub/hasty/cdda2wav0.3alpha.src.tar.gz

This program is fully capable of reading CD audio from a selected list
of cdrom drives.

The only problem is that is a linux program and it needs to be converted
to use our scsi library which in theory should not be difficult.
I don't have time for this right now so it would be nice if someone can
pickup it and do a port.

The typical cdplayer out there plays audio thru an analog line however
with cdda2wav one reads 16bit unsigned numbers from the audio cd which
we can then manipulate to our hearts content, broacast a CD over a LAN,
have some cool sounds in your freebsd box, etc...

	Enjoy,
	Amancio