Date:      Tue, 2 Feb 1999 21:15:44 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Heads up: comitted optimization to vm_map_insert()

    I've comitted an optimization to vm_map_insert() after initial
    tests seemed to indicate that it works.  Basically it allows
    OBJT_SWAP objects to be optimized in addition to OBJT_DEFAULT
    objects already optimized in certain specific cases.

    However, a followup test that I had never run before had a
    temporary seg-fault ( i.e. it didn't repeat when I re-ran
    the test ).  I think the seg fault may have revealed a new
    bug and is not related to the optimization I comitted, so I
    haven't backed out the commit.  I am not 100% sure though,
    and I am testing this now.

    If anyone notices weird seg-faulting that didn't occur before
    tonight, please notify me!

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>