Date:      Tue, 27 Apr 1999 19:45:55 +0200
From:      dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org (Dirk Meyer)
To:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: i4b memory leak?

Paul Herman schrieb:,

> ping returns "no buffers available" -- until I restart the computer, and
> then everything works fine for the next 15 days or so.

ifconfig isp0 down
ifconfig isp0 up

should fix this condition.

IMHO this happpens if you get no connection
and send a lot of packages over the line.

e.g. a running ping,
when the line got disconnected by remote.

The Ip-packages got stuck somewhere.
and will be flushed by ifconfig.

This happen with more interfaces ipr0 and
I saw it on ethernet too.
So this could be a kernal thing.

kind regards Dirk

-- Dirk Meyer, Im Grund 4, 34317 Habichtswald, Germany
-- Tel. +49-5606-6512