Date:      Tue, 21 May 2002 14:35:25 -0700
From:      "Philip J. Koenig" <pjklist@ekahuna.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Gregory Neil Shapiro <gshapiro@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 4.6, Sendmail and Webmin

On 21 May 2002, at 10:35, Gregory Neil Shapiro boldly uttered:

> pjklist> I just reinstalled the Webmin port on a 4.6-RC box.
> pjklist> It appears that the current Webmin port (logically enough) only has
> pjklist> OS entries for FreeBSD up through 4.5.
>
> pjklist> Since it appears that the various Sendmail changes (extra users,
> pjklist> changes in RC.conf, MC files etc) occurred after the release of 4.5,
> pjklist> and before I screw something up, is it safe to say I should wait
> pjklist> until Webmin becomes "4.6-aware" before I try to start using it to
> pjklist> change sendmail settings?
>
> If webmin isn't 8.12 aware, don't use it.  Even if it is, we (sendmail.org)
> have had many users complaining that webmin has broken their sendmail
> setup.  sendmail.org advises against using it to configure sendmail.

Ack.  And I was looking forward to Webmin so I could avoid wading
into the Sendmail hairball.. oh well.  Thanks for the heads-up.

One question tho: if I *do* decide to take a risk and play around
with it, I assume it's not adequate to just backup /etc in case of a
problem.  IE Aren't there some conf files residing in /usr/share/
sendmail/cf?

Thx,

Phil

--
Philip J. Koenig                                       pjklist@ekahuna.com
Electric Kahuna Systems -- Computers & Communications for the New Millenium