Date:      Fri, 16 Feb 2001 11:49:41 -0600
From:      "Jacques A. Vidrine" <n@nectar.com>
To:        arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: List of things to move from main tree to ports

[cc: list mercifully killed]

On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 09:41:00AM -0800, Matt Dillon wrote:
> in regards to Kerberos IV. Nobody in their right mind should be
> using it any more

That's perhaps a bit harsh -- there are still some environments in
which Kerberos IV is useful/required (e.g. AFS, DCE).

> so it should definitely become a port.

But I agree with this sentiment.

>     The more controversial ones:
>
> 	* rdist
> 	* rmt
> 	* rcp, rlogin, rsh

As long as these can be used with encryption, they should stay.

>     Extremely controversial:
>
> 	* telnet (i.e. its too useful to have around for other purposes)

Agreed.  This is my primary means of remote access (well, with Kerberos).

--
Jacques Vidrine / n@nectar.com / jvidrine@verio.net / nectar@FreeBSD.org