Date:      Sat, 17 Nov 2001 17:57:25 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Anthony Atkielski <anthony@atkielski.com>, Axel Scheepers <axel@axel.truedestiny.net>, Sudirman Hassan <s9810048@mmu.edu.my>, "Andrew C. Hornback" <achornback@worldnet.att.net>, Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Mysterious boot during the night
References:  <20011117130052.B7072@mars.thuis> <020e01c16f42$14885c10$0a00000a@atkielski.com> <20011117015632.B87944@xor.obsecurity.org> <02a001c16f53$215323b0$0a00000a@atkielski.com> <3BF63DB1.1070008@owt.com> <02a701c16f5e$a9cb0c70$0a00000a@atkielski.com> <020e01c16f42$14885c10$0a00000a@atkielski.com> <20011117015632.B87944@xor.obsecurity.org> <02a001c16f53$215323b0$0a00000a@atkielski.com> <3BF63DB1.1070008@owt.com> <20011118102106.C72712@monorchid.lemis.com>

Greg Lehey wrote:

> [Format recovered--see http://www.lemis.com/email/email-format.html]
>
> Various breakage in a surprising number of these messages.
>
> On Saturday, 17 November 2001 at  2:36:33 -0800, Kent Stewart wrote:
>
>>Which version of FreeBSD are you using? Based on your setiathome time,
>>it has to be a fairly slow machine.
>>

> How do you determine that?  The time just shows how long it has been
> running for.

Most of the people I know run setiathome in a script. You only see the
time accrue for a single wu. The script makes it easy to have several
days of work on hand. Sooner or later, Berkeley has a problem and when
you use a script, you can continue running until the networking or
whatever is fixed.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart