Date:      Fri, 19 Aug 2005 12:01:45 +0100
From:      "Steven Hartland" <killing@multiplay.co.uk>
To:        "Vasim Valejev" <vasim@human-capital.ru>, <freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Slow PCI-X controller perfomance (adaptec 2130SLP)

Sounds harsh but its Adaptec I wouldn't expect good performance
they have gone way down in my estimates recently with bad support
bad drivers, in general poor products.

There was a thread about SATA Highpoint RAID 5 controllers a few
months back however which may well have some useful things in
you may want to try to increase performance.

>From memory key things where:
* vfs.read_max
* RAID strip size
* kernel variable tweak ( cant remember the exact details )

    Steve / K