Date:      Sat, 14 Apr 2001 17:46:05 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "E.B. Dreger" <eddy+public+spam@noc.everquick.net>
To:        Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
Cc:        Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>, sales@soekris.com, freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The ultimate board!

> Ewww... Is this a good enough Ethernet chipset?  I've not had good
> luck with any of SiS's stuff.  They seem to make, for lack of a nicer
> word, crap.

I'd imagine that 2x 21143TD would cost just a teeny bit more than 3x Sis.
Personally, I would be more interested in a 2x Tulip model.  SiS scares
me, too...

> I would be interested in one if the overall hardware itself is decent
> enough, though I realize better hardware means more money.  If someone
> runs it through some obstacle courses and the "junk" works without any

...but I'd use one if it worked.  However, I still favor a couple of
Tulips.

> known problems, I'm for it.  I'm not in the position to buy more than
> one.  I have friends that might be interested as well, though.

I'd take one... only need one, though.  However, I also have friends who
might be interested.  Come to think of it, I'm certain I know of a second
person who could really use one at that price.

I'm interested in two units, given that the SiS stuff works.

I have a feeling that ISPs would be interested, too.

Most internet access clients in this neck of the woods just don't get it
when it comes to firewalls.  ("But XYZ Computing told me that NT is
secure... it asks me for passwords for everything, so it must be!")

I'd love to have a resource where I can blow away price/performance of
Watchguard units. :-)

Eddy

Brotsman & Dreger, Inc.
EverQuick Internet / EternalCommerce Division

Phone: (316) 794-8922