Date:      Mon, 30 Sep 2002 10:12:21 GMT
From:      Socketd <db@traceroute.dk>
To:        Adam Weinberger <adam@vectors.cx>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Recommend some programs for gnome + sawfish?

On 9/30/02, 8:10:16 AM, Adam Weinberger <adam@vectors.cx> wrote regardin=
g=20
Re: Recommend some programs for gnome + sawfish?:

> cd /usr/ports/x11/gnome-fifth-toe
> make install clean

> keep in mind that most things i list below are actually part of
> gnome-fifth-toe.

OKi

> > X-windows programs can run under gnome right? But what about kde/qt
> > programs? (only some of them or what?)

> you actually have it backwards. gnome runs under X-windows. kde/qt app=
> run under X too. independent of gnome, completely.

Let's make a layer from top to button:
Gnome/KDE
GKT/QT
Windows manager like Sawfish
X windows

Right? So qt and kde programs can't run under gnome/gkt?!?!

> > Browser (Netscape?)
> galeon

Ok, you just think it is better or is there another reason?

> > Mail/word/nntp (staroffice?)
> openoffice/AbiWord

I am just asking :-), why not Staroffice?

> > File manager?
> nautilus.

Ok, is this the most used ("default") file manager for gnome?

> > IP voice (Speak freely, isn't there a graphical one?)
> yes, but it doesn't work right under fbsd. Yet.

Ok, when will it be ready? (if you know that).

Br
socketd