Date:      Mon, 5 Dec 2005 13:28:12 -0500
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        "Robert Faulds" <Robert.Faulds@voxify.com>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tyan Tiget S5351-i7322 hangs with ACPI (AMD64 or i386)

On Friday 02 December 2005 06:20 pm, Robert Faulds wrote:
> No love from SMP either. It still only boots with apic disabled.
> I put up the mptable, and a few other files at
> http://xocolatl.com/rfaulds/freebsd-acpi/
> I've been stepping through the BIOS but there is no options for forcing
> the mp spec. <sigh>
> Interestingly, I have disabled HyperThreading in the BIOS and yet the
> SMP kernel still detects it.

The BIOS toggle just changes the HT CPUs to be listed as disabled in the MADT
table ACPI uses.  The 'Hyperthreading' printf in the dmesg is based on
reading the registers from the CPU and is output even in a UP kernel.  Your
MP table looks ok as well, so I'm not sure why a dmesg with no ACPI is not
finding your CPUs.  How did you disable ACPI, did you boot using safe mode?
If so, try breaking into the loader and just disable ACPI via

set hint.acpi.0.disabled=1

Safe mode disables SMP support as well as ACPI.