Date:      Tue, 7 Feb 2012 13:18:44 -0800
From:      Freddie Cash <fjwcash@gmail.com>
To:        Sahil Tandon <sahil@tandon.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-ports@freebsd.org" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Input on "most correct" way to set IS_INTERACTIVE for Postfix ports

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 12:37 PM, Sahil Tandon <sahil@tandon.net> wrote:
> On Feb 7, 2012, at 9:44 AM, rflynn@acsalaska.net wrote:
>
>>> mail/postfix and its derivatives are interactive when ALL of the
>>> following conditions are true:
>>>
>>> - PACKAGE_BUILDING is undefined
>>> - /etc/mail/mailer.conf exists
>>> - /etc/mail/mailer.conf contains a line beginning with 'purgestat'
>> =C2=A0 - POSTFIX_DEFAULT_MTA is unset
>
> Right, but regardless of whether this is set, or what it is set to, the s=
cript still asks a question unless other conditions are met, and only the d=
efault answer (that is displayed along with the query) is affected. =C2=A0A=
re you suggesting that we change the behavior to not ask the question at al=
l, and just leave mailer.conf alone if the latter variable above is unset, =
and always change mailer.conf if it is set? =C2=A0I just want to make sure =
I understand your suggestion.

Couldn't you add an OPTION for updating mailer.conf? Then, if that
OPTION is set, update mailer.conf; and if it isn't set, then leave
mailer.conf alone.

Then remove the IS_INTERACTIVE completely.

--=20
Freddie Cash
fjwcash@gmail.com