Date:      Thu, 16 Dec 1999 10:54:31 -0800
From:      elazich@AlaskaAir.com
To:        swen@wavefire.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSD for a 386 laptop w/ 3 megs ram

Maybe one of the 1.x or 2.x releases but I'd bet that you'll run into
problems actually getting it to recognize hardware on that box.  I have
copies of every FBSD since 1.0 and even its predecessor NetBSD and
remember those times as not very much fun when it came to laptops.  As
I recall, you needed 4 megs to get it installed in the first place,
what's the possibility of adding memory?

Eli