Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 1996 19:36:29 +0100
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Paul Sondhu <paul@riker.comcirc.com.au>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Microsoft FrontPage Server Extensions for FreeBSD

Paul Sondhu wrote in message ID
<Pine.BSF.3.91.960618111110.19327C-100000@riker.comcirc.com.au>:
> I was wondering if anyone out there is using the FrontPage Server
> Extensions with the Microsoft FrontPage Web Editor/Manager.

> We run the NCSA httpd web server on a FreeBSD machine and I am trying
> to install the BSDi version of the FrontPage Server Extensions which
> I downloaded off the Microsoft web site. The BSDi version is the closest
> version it had that resembled anything near to FreeBSD.

> Is BSDi compatible with FreeBSD?

Or, more correctly, is FreeBSD compatable with BSDi?

Yes, athough up until a month or two ago we were only compatable with
BSDi's BSD/OS 1.x. More recent ``editions'' of -current and -stable
both have the code change in the kernel which allows you to run BSDi's
BSD/OS 2.x executables too. So, my answer is:

Yes, if you upgrade to -stable from -release.

Gary