Date:      Tue, 16 Feb 2010 22:15:04 +0100
From:      Anselm Strauss <amsibamsi@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RTL8192SE WLAN

Hey,

anybody got the RTL8192SE wireless chip to work with FreeBSD? I bought a =
Asus 1201N laptop. I successfully compiled the Windows XP driver with =
ndisgen(8). The driver loads and the device is there. On the FreeBSD =
EeePC wiki it says it's a 8191 chip, but when I look at the driver =
download from Asus and dmesg it's reported as 8192. The driver seems to =
work at least in some way since I'm able to scan for networks and get a =
list. But I cannot connect to a WPA2 network. Association with the =
network always fails in wpa_supplicant(8).

Anyone has some experience?

Cheers,
Anselm Strauss=