Date:      Wed, 29 Jun 2005 17:52:02 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Soeren Straarup <xride@x12.dk>
To:        Diane Bruce <db@db.net>
Cc:        Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New Category how?

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005, Diane Bruce wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 02:16:08PM +1000, Edwin Groothuis wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 10:23:28PM +0200, Soeren Straarup wrote:
>>> We are some ham operators that wishes for a hamradio category.
>>> Is that possible?
>>
>> There is a lot possible. Even if not for a real category, then it
>> can be a virtual category.
>>
>> Step one: find all ports which would belong into it.
>
> All the ones I was able to find quickly. Most are in comms,
> "sattrack" is in astro but is really also used by ham radio ops as well
> to track amateur radio satellites. You will note that "predict" and
> "gpredict" do the same job as "sattrack" as it is.
> http://www.amsat.org also has the source for sattrack and predict.
> I believe that is 20 or so ports. I have several ports in progress as well.
>
> acfax
> aldo
> cwdaemon
> echolinux
> gpredict
> gmfsk
> grig
> hamlib
> linrad
> nasawash
> predict
> qsstv
> thebridge
> tlf
> twpsk
> trustedqsl
> xastir
> xdx
> xlog
> sattrack

gpsk
linpsk
twpsk

> - Diane VA3DB

And i'm working on gnuradio at the moment. which will add:
gnuradio-core
gr-audio-oss
gr-wxgui

That will bring the hamradio category count upto 26 ports

where fx vietnamese has 19

Vy 73 de / best regards OZ2DAK / Soeren Straarup

Soeren Straarup   | aka OZ2DAK aka Xride
FreeBSD wannabe   | FreeBSD since 2.2.6-R
    'We wanted to believe. But the tools
     had been taken away..' Mulder