Date:      Mon, 30 Jun 2008 16:20:04 +0100
From:      Rob Mason <rob@cissp.org.uk>
To:        freebsd-proliant@freebsd.org
Subject:   ML115 G5 Opteron Dual Core

Hi,

I've just tried installing 7.0-RELEASE and 6.3-RELEASE on a new HP
Proliant M115 G5 (Opteron Dual Core).  The boot sequence gets as far as
the keyboard driver then hangs indefinitely.  I've read other similar
posts concerning the ML110 G5 and have tried loading the ipmi module at
the boot prompt.  This loads successfully, but the subsequent boot
sequence still hangs.

I have noted that a kernel patch will be required for the NIC, but I'm
less concerned about this at present.  Anyone know how to get this model
up and running?  Am I chasing a lost cause?

TIA

--

Rob Mason

The original of this email was scanned for known viruses at 16:17 on 30/06/2008 and was found to be virus free.