Date:      Wed,  3 Apr 2002 22:57:09 -0800 (PST)
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.org>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   docs/36729: Handbook does not document non-sendmail MTAs

>Number:         36729
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       Handbook does not document non-sendmail MTAs
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:

any

Chapter 18 of the Handbook only covers sendmail.  Changes were
recently made to rc.conf to make it easier to install and use
alternative MTAs.  We should document this configuration setting, and
describe the process of setting up Postfix and qmail to be the default
system MTA.

>How-To-Repeat:

Point a novice sysadmin at a FreeBSD Box and the Handbook, and ask him
to install Postfix.