Date:      Sun, 1 Mar 2020 19:08:00 +1000
From:      Andy Farkas <andyf@andyit.com.au>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, mat@freebsd.org
Subject:   sysutils/munin-*

Trying to setup munin on my home server but it ain't going so well.

[note: to save typing $(WWW) == /usr/local/www/]

I've installed apache24 web server and can see the home page.

The root index.html file is in $(WWW)/apache24/data/ and I can view it
in a browser. Good.

Then I Installed rrdtool, munin-common, munin-master and munin-node.

I did 'munin-node-configure --shell | sh -x' to populate plugins.

There are now 2 new directories created in $(WWW):

  $(WWW)/cgi-bin/  (munin cgi scripts)

  $(WWW)/munin/  (munin .html files)

This seems wrong because apache has no way to see them.

So I moved $(WWW)/munin/ into $(WWW)/apache24/data/ and did a

'ln -s apache24/data/munin/ munin' in the $(WWW) directory, then

copied the files in $(WWW)/cgi-bin/ into $(WWW)/apache24/cgi-bin/

Yay! I can view munin stuff at http://www.mysite/munin/

I think this is what the munin port should've done in the first place.

Any comments so far?

My story continues because it is not working properly yet.

I know munin-master is working because I'm getting an email

every 5 minutes from munin-cron. It says:

"Undefined subroutine &RRDs::graph called at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/Munin/Master/GraphOld.pm line 1406."

and no graphs are showing, only broken-image icons.

Any pointers on where to look to fix this?

Thanks,

-andyf