Date:      Sun, 22 Mar 1998 12:18:51 -0500
From:      Drew Derbyshire - UUPC/extended software support <software@kew.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD can't find 32M of my 48M without help

I came, I downloaded, I installed 2.2.6 beta over the network.  (I happened to
do it at 1 AM via the cable modem.  It flew.)

Two minor issues:

1) The disk slice editor doesn't know many of the more arcane partition type
numbers.  Jordan already saw my PR and fixed it, when the next boot floppy
image is ready I'll test it.

2) By default, the kernel only reports I have 16M, when in fact I have 48M.
Windows 95 does see the entire 48M, and FreeBSD will see all 48M if I
explicitly tell it in the configuration file via MAXMEM.

I didn't think the MAXMEM was required for under 64M.

Machine is a Compaq P/166.

-ahd-
--
Drew Derbyshire         UUPC/extended e-mail:  software@kew.com