Date:      Thu, 30 Apr 1998 13:10:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        freebsd-ports
Subject:   ports/4878: Apache w/FrontPage minor update

The following reply was made to PR ports/4878; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To: <freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org>
Cc:  Subject: ports/4878: Apache w/FrontPage minor update
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 15:08:18 -0500

 It was brought to my attention by Poul-Henning Kamp, that occasionally an
 error would occur involving shtml.dll.

 From: Poul-Henning Kamp
 >If you tried to use any of the serverside scripting (to send an email
 >in this case) it would fail because shtml.dll wasn't recognized by
 >the paranoid permissions code... (of the mod_frontpage module)

 The suggested fix was to add a check for shtml.dll and to return shtml.exe
 in the mod_frontpage module.

 From: Poul-Henning Kamp
 >[...]
 >static const char* SHTML2     =
 >          "/_vti_bin/shtml.dll";
 >[...]
 >    if (szCgi = strstr(szVti, SHTML2 ))
 >        return FrontPageAlias(r, szCgi, SHTML);
 >[...]

 The port no longer tries to patch the fp-patch-apache_1.2.5 patch file.
 Instead, the fp-patch-apache_1.2.5 patch was moved to the pre-patch stage
 (was in the post-patch stage which required that the fp-patch-apache-1.2.5
 patch be patched).  The port now applies the required patches from the patch
 directory instead.  Will make the port easier to maintain.

 The updated port is now available on:

 http://www.westbend.net/~hetzels/apache-fp
 ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/incoming/4878.apache-fp.126.d.tgz

 Scot