Date:      Mon, 4 Jun 2001 07:39:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Radhika Sambamurti <radhika_narendran@yahoo.com>
To:        "Peter Ulrich (Uli) Kruppa" <root@pukruppa.de>, FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PPP

A good place to start is to find out whether your isp
accepts PAP logins? in which case you have to set login
information 'off' in the /etc/ppp/ppp.conf file.ie the
login script is different in this case.

If you could paste the contents of your ppp.conf file here,
that might be helpful in debugging the problem too.

Thx,
Radhika

--- "Peter Ulrich (Uli) Kruppa" <root@pukruppa.de> wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Jun 2001, Pete Stapley wrote:
>
> > I set up my PPP according to the primer on the website,
> but I am getting a
> > chat script error. Any ideas where to start trouble
> shooting this? I am
> > using an external courier.
> Somewhere in 	# man ppp	you will find a description how
> to set up
> your modem "interactively" - that means you can type in
> the different
> options in "terminal mode" and will see at once whether
> they work or not.
>
> Uli.

message

=====
It's all a matter of perspective. You can choose your view by choosing where to stand.
--Larry Wall