Date:      Thu, 15 Sep 2005 12:12:56 +0300
From:      Alex Prokhorenko <freebsd-list@prokhorenko.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   em0: data transfer

Hello,

We have the following network card em0: <Intel(R) PRO/1000 Network
Connection, Version - 1.7.35>  being controlled by 5.4-STABLE/SMP.
The problem that we face lies in low data transfer speed from server
to network. The card is connected to 100Mbps port of the switch
(setting speed/duplex or autoselect option does not have any influence
on the results). If there is a file downloaded via FTP from the server
the speed is hardly higher than 4MBps. However, there is a flaw: if we
launch trafshow -npi em0 outgoing transfer speed will immediately rise
up to 12MBps, if we stop trafshow we get the low speed problem again: 4MBps.
Please, help us locate the reason of such a low data transfer speed.

--
APR-RIPE