Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 2000 22:53:25 -0400
From:      "kmays" <kmays@email.msn.com>
To:        "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.osd.bsdi.com>, "Bob Boone" <Bob.Boone@whro.org>, "'freebsd-stable@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 3.5 now available . . . . .

The products are mainly FreeBSD 3.5 , FreeBSD 4.0, and BSDI Internet Server
v4.1 as far as I know.

I hope the 3.x build can be merged into future 4.x builds
successfully so we can do away with 3.x. I don't think all of the bugs in
3.x will ever be fixed unless you freeze new features and try to fix all the
old ones.

My one issue is that its hard to tell what patch level or build anyone is on
when they report bugs or issues. That might be an idea. If somebody was
mentioning issues with
a build, they could type a command like 'verbuild' and it would display
"FreeBSD v3.5, b062700p13" or something like that.

Ken