Date:      Mon, 13 Sep 2004 21:01:26 +0200
From:      "Florian Hengstberger" <e0025265@student.tuwien.ac.at>
Subject:   Linux vs FreeBSD: wlan-cards

Hi!

I know I posted a similar question two days ago, sorry - I?m
still in trouble with finding a proper wlan-card.
The hardware "database" on the freebsd-site did not help me:
most cards are either not avaiable in Austria or simply to expensive.

So my question is:
Has anybody found a cheap wlan-card running under freebsd?
I bet that most experienced users have a wlan card working.
What about the cheap d-link and netgear cards, is the prism-chipset
supported?

(Sorry, but that?s a very important to me: I think of
changing to FreeBSD from Linux and both OS are now competing!
I want to give both a fair chance in hardware-questions.)

Thanks in advance
Florian