Date:      Wed, 9 Nov 2005 10:57:22 +0200
From:      Tomas Verbaitis <tomasv@megalogika.lt>
To:        Herve Quiroz <herve.quiroz@esil.univ-mrs.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tomcat 5.5 startup and shutdown.. again

--mP3DRpeJDSE+ciuQ

On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 05:02:36PM +0100, Herve Quiroz wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 10:00:12AM +0300, Tomas Verbaitis wrote:
> > I still think my proposed change still should be applied as it at least
> > gets the default situation right, when both tomcat55ctl and rcNG script
> > refer to the same JVM. The "administrative" approach to this problem
> > would be only to put a warning near the place where
> > jakarta_tomcat%%TOMCAT_VERSION%%_java_home is defined. "Technically" i
> > aggree that it's better to get rid of tomcat55ctl as a program, no
> > matter how convenient and usual it was.
> We now have reached the timeout for maintainer feedback on this topic. I
> was about to commit your suggested changes and then, after reading your
> message I was wondering whether this could be the right time to get rid
> of tomcat55ctl.
>=20
> So I ask tomcat users from this list for feedback. I would like to find
> out how often is tomcatXXctl used rather than the rc(8) script. After a
> short survey in my surroundings it seems like everybody uses the rc(8)
> script and thus removing tomcatXXctl would bring no harm now that rcNG
> script no longer uses tomcatXXctl...

i would vote in favour of removal of tomcatXXctl. those who loved it for
being short and comfortable and in default path -- like me ;) -- can
symlink the new rcNG script or whatever and get the desired comfort and
flexibility.=20

--=20
Tomas "Verbaitis" Verbaitis ** http://megalogika.lt
* =C5=A1ita gudri be=C5=BEd=C5=BEion=C4=97 moka dirbti su kompiuteriu *

--mP3DRpeJDSE+ciuQ

--mP3DRpeJDSE+ciuQ--