Date:      Fri, 12 May 1995 23:41:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      brian@mediacity.com (Brian Litzinger)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Long Sector Reads?

I'd like to read Mode 2 Form 2 sectors from a CDROM under FreeBSD.

Any ideas on how I might do this?

What are Mode 2 Form 2 sectors you ask?

On the regular ole CDROM, sectors are made of 2048 data bytes and
around 233 bytes of EEC data.

Mode 2 Form 2 sectors don't have an EEC section.  The entire
2048+233 bytes form a single 2263 or so byte sector.

These Mode 2 Form 2 sectors can be read via MSDOS'es mscdex READLONG
call on CDROM drives which are capable of reading Mode 2 Form 2 sectors.

What I am looking for is some direction on how I might go about
reading these Mode 2 Form 2 sectors via the FreeBSD SCSI device
drivers.

Thanks,

Brian Litzinger
brian@easynet.com