Date:      Mon, 18 Aug 1997 05:21:25 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Philippe Regnauld <regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD IRC server

I shot it down until such time as the FreeBSD folks standardize on
some version of ircd through the ports collection mechanism and we can
all start working on fixing a common version, since it seems that all
the versions currently floating around out there either don't build
directly under FreeBSD or have big security holes in them (and in any
case, their lineages are highly suspect).

					Jordan