Date:      Mon, 8 Jan 2001 17:59:04 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Rachmat Hidajat <rachmat@canada.com>
Cc:        Lanny Baron <lnb@panda.FreeBSDsystems.COM>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: File system full

On Sat, Dec 30, 2000 at 10:43:48AM +0900, Rachmat Hidajat wrote:
:
: and yes, I have been working as root instead of a user most of the time. The
: reason is I cannot use TAB, Backspace, and arrows if I logon as a user. Any
: suggestion?

Yes.  Your root shell is probably /bin/csh which has been replaced by TCSH
in FreeBSD quite some time ago.  Your plain user's shell defaults to /bin/sh
which does not have TAB completion.  (Backspace and arrows can be fixed, if
you tweak things a little.)

So give your plain user a shell of /bin/csh or /bin/tcsh and have him use TAB,
arrows and what else normally, as you would when logged in as root.

- giorgos