Date:      Mon, 20 Jan 1997 08:28:13 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Brent J. Nordquist" <bjn@visi.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem using pkg/MESSAGE facility

[ObSyncUp:  Using a cvsup of RELENG_2_2 from this weekend; my
bsd.port*mk and make/var.c all have dates within the past few days.]

I'm trying to use pkg/MESSAGE facility to print a message at install.
For 'make install' in the ports subdirectory, I've just added the
target

  post-install:
	@cat pkg/MESSAGE

and that seems to work well.  (Is there a better way?)  However,
when I 'make package' and do the pkg_add, I see the message:

  Cannot open display file `+DISPLAY'.

I unpacked the .tgz file, and there is a +DISPLAY file that contains
the contents of pkg/MESSAGE.  Is this a new bug?  Any suggestions
on what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks!

--
Brent J. Nordquist