Date:      Wed, 31 Jan 2007 16:33:41 +0100
From:      Martin Matuska <martin@matuska.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Impending update to devel/gettext

On Jan 30, 2007, at 23:27 , Ade Lovett wrote:

> In the true spirit of "oh crap, let's fix this thing properly", I now
> present to you:
>
> http://www.lovett.com/ade/freebsd/gettext-2.diff
>
> MD5 (gettext-2.diff) = 97d80b61281f6bc5aa88362a970b50a3
>
> This significantly reworks the original 0.16.1 update, removing the
> (IMO) relatively useless OPTIONS, and makes the port NOPORTDOCS-safe
> as requested in ports/106998.
>
> The previous diff has been removed -- if you've already downloaded
> it, my apologies, please use this one instead.
>
> Thanks,
>	-aDe

The new gettext port seems to be working. Compiles and installs correctly.

a) To make it little more portlint-happy:

Is the deprecated INSTALLS_SHLIB knob necessary?
USE_LDCONFIG=	yes

b) My tinderbox reports this issue at the end:

-- TINDERBOX LOG BEGINS --

====================<phase 7: make package>====================
===>  Building package for gettext-0.16.1
Creating package /tmp/packages/All/gettext-0.16.1.tbz
Registering depends: libiconv-1.9.2_2.
Creating bzip'd tar ball in '/tmp/packages/All/gettext-0.16.1.tbz'
Deleting gettext-0.16.1

=== Checking filesystem state
list of files present before this port was installed but missing after it was deinstalled)
./usr/local/share/locale/eo missing
./usr/local/share/locale/eo/LC_MESSAGES missing
Deleting libtool-1.5.22_3
Deleting libiconv-1.9.2_2

=== Checking filesystem state after all packages deleted
list of files present on clean system but missing after everything was deinstalled)
./usr/local/share/locale/eo missing
./usr/local/share/locale/eo/LC_MESSAGES missing
build of /usr/ports/devel/gettext ended at Wed Jan 31 14:50:58 UTC 2007

-- TINDERBOX LOG ENDS --

This eo locale (Esperanto) is not in the charset.alias list. I am asking myself, why tinderbox reports
the directory was present on the system prior to installing gettext-0.16.1