Date:      Wed, 03 Feb 1999 09:55:35 +0300
From:      Alex Povolotsky <tarkhil@asteroid.svib.ru>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: YP-like mySQL thing

 <36B7A3C0.AC423DEC@softweyr.com>Wes Peters writes:
>Alfred Perlstein wrote:

>> cd /usr/src/lib/libc ; <modify> ; make clean ; make all ; make install

Wow... And it _will_ pick libmysqlclient.so when needed?

I _do_ know how to run make, but the resulting libc.so fails to pick
libmysqlclient.so.

>Alex, I suggest that if you think you need to modify libc to do this, you
>probably have not thought about it enough.  I've been watching this thread
>for several days now, and wondering why it isn't sinking in that a PAM
>module to access the MySQL database would do what you are asking for
>without modifying libc.  That's why PAM was added.
They are in -STABLE, which is (AFAIK) not really stable now. BTW, will PAM
allow me to _extend_ my password file?

There is no manuals for pam in -stable CVS. BTW, how stable -STABLE is right
now?

Alex.

--
Alexander B. Povolotsky                            [ICQ 18277558]
[2:5020/145]  [http://freebsd.svib.ru] [tarkhil@asteroid.svib.ru]